Intro to Welding 101
The Basic Welding program is designed as an introduction to welding. Students will learn safety, welding processes, and terminology. Students will get hands-on practice with multiple welding processes. This course is not a required pre-requisite for the Certified Welding program. Topics include: Fundamentals, Safety, Types of Welds, Welding Processes (Oxy-Acetylene, GMAW, SMAW, GTAW), Oxy Fuel/Plasma Cutting, and General Rigging.
36 hours, evening
Certifications not available for short-term welding programs at this time.
Information coming soon.
- Welding Hood, any make or model works, buy something comfortable, durable and lenses are easily accessible. Look into hoods that have a grinding and cutting feature. This will keep you from needed to wear a face shield when grinding or cutting.
- Welding Gloves. I would recommend Purchasing multiple pairs. I prefer the Tillman brand. The light, medium and gauntlet style are all useable. I would recommend a pair of each.
- Welding Coat. Whether it be a green, flame resistant (FR) coat or heavy duty leather it all comes down to preference.
- Safety Glasses are a must!!!
- Steel toe leather boots. Also look into purchasing leather laces.
- 100% cotton jeans. No dickies or cargo style.